Tuesday, August 2, 2011

whaling days 2011.

saturday morning heidi and i ran in the whaling days "whale of a race". i didn't PR, i ran it faster last year by over 2 minutes but at least this year i didn't feel like i was going to hurl when i ran it. i still did okay, coming in at 33:39. then heidi and i booked it over to the new Y in silverdale to clean up before the parade. our families met up with us to watch the parade, and i made it just in time to see austin marching with his scout troop as he does every year.

Photobucket
the only pic of me and heidi that we both looked good in.

Photobucket
high-tailed it back to the parade just in time to see austin marching with his boy scout troop.

Photobucket
troop 1539's "camping" themed float.

Photobucket
katie, soph-ball, and sammy.

Photobucket
thought this was pretty cool.

Photobucket
pretty horses.

Photobucket
baby goat!

Photobucket
i tried to chase this guy down and lick him but he was too fast.

Photobucket
having fun watching the parade....

Photobucket
me and my boomer-boy.

sunday morning a bunch of friends and i took part in the Hui Hei Hei Wa'a Dye's Inlet Dash. it was cold and rainy, but we persevered. after we lost our first heat, we were a little discouraged, but we tried to stay positive. we went on to win the second, and third, and FOURTH race, to take home the WINNER'S trophy! we were SO stoked.

Photobucket
right before the first race, note the apprehensive look on my face.

Photobucket
my little tree-frog.

Photobucket
once jeff was there (our original steersman that we had during practice), we were ALL smiles.

Photobucket
hanging out between races with quincy.

Photobucket
right after we WON! me and my biggest fan.

Photobucket
L to R: jeff, rhonda, me, heidi, tricia, hollie.

Photobucket
that means we're winners :)

Photobucket
not to BRAG or anything.....but look at the size of our trophy!

afterwards, we had a celebratory beer at the beer garden with all of our supporters. thanks SO much to everyone who came out to cheer us on: my husband and kids, my mom, the watson family, mitch, wendy, the brown's.....i appreciate all of you!



1 comment:

  1. okay I LOL SO loud when I read that you chased teh wendys guy down to lick him but couldn't. XD Good job on that run and that kayak race. Way to kick some major butt babe. :D

    ReplyDelete

i'll love you forever if you leave me a comment. srsly.